To our valued Clients, Employees, Vendors and Colleagues
The Change Consulting Group (CCG) lives by a core value of delivering excellent and tailored management consulting solutions to meet the strategic and organisational needs of our clients.
In line with our curiosity to more deeply understand the world around us, CCG has been monitoring the developments of the COVID-19 virus pandemic.
We are steadfast in our commitment to protecting all members of our professional eco-system from risk of contagion. In addition, we wish to ensure that the pandemic is an opportunity for learning about social systems, social change and how we might improve on our programme delivery capability. (Some of these ideas will follow in a blog later this week.)
We also wish to do our part to support South Africa, Africa and the world during this challenging time.
With immediate effect we have implemented the following measures to protect our people, clients and suppliers and mitigate the spread of the virus.
- All international and local business travel has been suspended, unless absolutely necessary (we will meet initial client enquiries with telephonic engagement)
- We regularly use teleconferencing and video conferencing technology to work effectively together and with our clients across multiple locations, and will continue using this approach
- Employees returning after travel or those who have been in direct contact with affected individuals have been requested to self-quarantine for 14 days and to follow protocols mandated by the South African government
- Symptomatic employees have been asked to self-isolate, to be tested for the virus and to follow protocols mandated by the South African government before returning to work
- All our offices are equipped with sufficient soap and hand sanitizer and all surfaces regularly cleaned with appropriate disinfectant
- CCG enables employees to work remotely and this has been in place as a business as usual for many years
- All of our client-facing people are fully equipped and prepared to work on site where possible or from home or from our offices
- We have policies in place which cover the appropriate way to work securely when out of the office to ensure confidentiality and the protection of data
- Online consultation and service delivery where necessary to conduct virtual consulting services and programme delivery to clients (video conferencing and VOIP calls are already commonly in use)
- Supply chain and vendor management remain in place as per normal
- CCG will manage human engagement with suppliers and deliveries in an appropriate manner as per recommended action by government
We are monitoring communication from the South African government and Department of Health and international health authorities on an ongoing basis. We will keep you informed of any further changes to our ways of working as well as when there is a return to business as usual, that we sincerely hope will emerge sooner rather than later.
Please contact me or one of my colleagues if you have any questions with regards to this message or wish to discuss ways to optimise current programme delivery. My direct line is +27 21 794 9400.
Our thoughts go out to people throughout the world who have been affected by this unprecedented global event. We are also immensely grateful to all the healthcare workers, scientists and government leaders and officials who are working tirelessly to contain the virus and put measures in place to treat those affected.
Finally we acknowledge all the efforts that each one of you are making to take care of yourselves, your families and your organisations as your direct contributions to reducing the spread of the virus and making our world a safer and more conscious place.
Managing Director, The Change Consulting Group