CCG is very proud of the work done by our partner company, CCG Africa, and we are pleased to announce the launch of their latest and updated version of the Coaching for Performance workshop.
This extraordinary product is now in its 12th year of delivery and continues to add value to the daily work of over 1,000 graduates.
Please find following a short description of the workshop and information on this incredible learning opportunity.
For more information please call us today on 011 282 0822 or 021 461 0802 or email [email protected].
Please forward to your HR colleagues for their information.
Who should attend?
Coaching is an essential activity to help improve, enhance, or develop an employee’s workplace skill levels and performance. Coaching for Performance is an ideal course for anyone who needs to use effective coaching skills to develop others, whether they are line managers, internal coaches, or HR professionals.
Coaching for Performance is an entry-level workshop that introduces basic coaching skills in the context of your leadership framework and in line with company strategy regarding the use of coaching as a management style.
Coaching for Performance is delivered by a highly experienced facilitator, who uses full colour slides and a 50-page workbook to ensure learning is exciting, easily adopted and deeply embedded.
Delegates are not expected to have any prior coaching experience or training.
Clients who have gained tremendous value from this course include Coca-Cola, South African Breweries, NGK Ceramics, South African Gymnastics Federation and Rand Refinery.
“Loved it – very educational and informative!” Manager at SAB
“Excellent.” Executive at SAB
“A must for every line manager.” Line manager NGK Ceramics
“Awesome course – the material is brilliant and can be used daily!” Senior manager South African Gymnastics Federation
The workshop will cover
- The history of coaching, definitions of coaching, how coaching might be used in the workplace, and differences between coaching and mentoring;
- An overview of a your performance management/review systems, and how coaching should be utilised when conducting performance-related conversations;
- An introduction to coaching as a leadership methodology, including the tools, skills and models a workplace coach requires in order to conduct performance related workplace conversations with direct reports;
- Ongoing experiential practice of the tools, skills and models introduced on the workshop, to ensure delegates have a high level of skill on completion.
This two-day workshop will provide delegates with a sound theoretical overview of coaching as a leadership methodology, a description of the key skills of a workplace coach (including asking good questions, listening, providing feedback appropriately, and setting action-oriented goals), and an introduction to the GROW coaching model.
Delegates will be given lots of opportunity to practice these skills and models on the workshop and to show competence in this regard.
Critical outcomes of this workshop include
- Prepare for an effective one-on-one coaching session with his or her manager/direct reports;
- Competently conduct one-on-ones and performance reviews using the steps and skills of the GROW coaching model;
- Coach through challenging situations, for example, where a line manager is not able to reach agreement with a direct report on a performance rating score.
An interactive, “action learning” style is used throughout (based on coaching theory with a focus on allowing plenty of time for delegates to practice applying tools so as to imbed learning).
This workshop was delivered for over seven years (2005-2012) at South African Breweries (SAB) to over 600 managers and executives. The Coaching Company linked coaching as a workplace performance enhancement tool to SAB’s internal performance management process so that on a monthly basis managers were using coaching to have performance related conversations with their direct reports and ensuring that workplace challenges were early identified and remedied.
About CCG Africa
CCG Africa has been leading the South African coaching industry for 15 years. We have worked with dozens of companies and non-profit organisations and coached and trained thousands of delegates.
Coaching for Performance was first launched in 2005 to massive acclaim from over 1,300 delegates. It has been run in the FMCG, mining, automotive and sports sectors of the South African economy.
Sign up your organisation for a pilot today. Email us on [email protected] and benefit from South Africa’s best training product in coaching for performance!